New York Divorce
New York divorce law is complicated, especially for high-net-worth individuals. At Nolletti Law Group, our team of experienced divorce lawyers is honored to help clients with significant assets and complex financial issues to successfully navigate through their divorce. We minimize our clients' legal and financial risks and obtain the best outcome for them and their children.
The services we offer include:
- New York Divorce Process and Planning. We will help you with your legal separation, identify separate vs. marital property, negotiate spousal maintenance and child support, create a child custody and parenting time agreement that is in your children's best interest, and assist with appeals and modifications. We also have a team of financial professionals – including forensic accountants, business and pension valuators, real estate and art appraisers, and economists – standing by to assist clients with complex financial situations. If your divorce is contentious, we will prepare you for litigation and trial.
- High-Net-Worth Divorce. This type of divorce often presents unique hurdles regarding the identification, valuation, and distribution of a couple’s assets. High-asset or high-net-worth individuals absolutely require an attorney with experience handling these types of cases to reduce their risk and to ensure a full and equitable distribution of assets. If a family business is involved, we will make sure you understand the restrictions that New York divorce law may impose on the business – including prohibitions against the removal or transfer of any of your property.
- Child Custody and Parenting Time. We will help you obtain the best custody plan and parenting schedule based on your goals and the best interest of your children.
- Child Support. We will guide you through the New York child support guidelines, let you know how they might apply in your situation, and make sure your child support has the proper amount and duration to cover the "basic" monthly payment as well as "add-on" expenses.
- Spousal Maintenance/Alimony. Under the New York divorce rules, there are two different formulas for calculating spousal maintenance. We will secure the best alimony settlement possible for you and also consider the advantages and disadvantages of lump-sum vs. monthly payments in your unique situation.
Helping You Create a Better Future Post-Divorce
If you have been thinking seriously about filing for divorce, you know that your marriage has been in serious trouble for some time. If your spouse has blindsided you by asking for a divorce when you thought that your relationship was not in jeopardy, or that you were both equally committed to working through your marital problems, you may feel as though the ground is crumbling beneath you.
Either way, you have already been through an emotional wringer. At Nolletti Law Group, we know how difficult divorce can be. Many clients come to our offices in bad shape emotionally, and they are ill-prepared to make decisions which will affect the rest of their lives.
That is where our team of skilled, compassionate divorce attorneys come in. At this law firm, one of our core strengths is fostering loyalty and respect between our attorneys and their clients. We never forget that you are the center of the team working to get the best possible outcome for you. We will help you make wise decisions – and let you know if you’re about to make a bad one – during your divorce process.
Although it is never a walk in the park, divorce does not have to destroy your finances, your children’s lives, and your ability to trust and dream again.
Divorce Can Be a Fresh Start
Divorce is the end of your marriage, but it can also be a new beginning: a fresh start where you are free to move on to the next chapter in your life.
Each member of our family law team knows what role they need to play in your case. Working as an effective team, we can move your case forward as quickly and efficiently as possible – because once you have made the final decision to divorce, you want the process to run smoothly and quickly, giving you the opportunity to begin anew without excessive delays.
We promise to help you successfully navigate the minefields of divorce by protecting you and your children, and minimizing your legal and financial risks, as you move through the divorce process.